Well…they can fit almost anywhere, but below you will find top 8 places bed bug hides.
But first, do you know what you’re looking for?
If you don’t know how bed bugs look like, take a look below.
Bed Bugs are vampires, really? No not really, they’re just stealthy creatures that feed on human blood in a “hit & run” pattern. They usually come out when they need food, therefore typically they hide near the food source, YOU! Places to look for are where you spend prolonged periods of time such as the lazy chair. Keep in mind that as the infestation grows, they also spread further.
Top 8 Bed Bug Hiding Places
According to a study conducted by the University of Kentucky about infested living environments these are the top places bed bugs hide:
- Box Spring (34.6%)
- Couch and/or Chair (22.6%)
- Mattress (22.4%)
- Bed Frame and/or Head Board (13.4%)
- Other (3.1%)
- Walls and/or Ceilings (2.3%)
- Baseboard (1.4%)
- Dresser and/or Night Stand (0.2%)
That “Other” 3.1% in the number 5 position is a combination of locations that individually did not make the list.
Any where else where Bed Bugs Hide?
Well the “usual suspects” kind of list of typical hiding places are:
- Luggage, handbags, gym bags and backpacks
- Closets (mostly near the sleeping area)
- Coffee tables and end tables (especially if bedbugs are found in a nearby sofa or chair)
- Under rugs and at carpet edges
5 Places Bed Bugs Do NOT Hide (usually)
- Kitchens (unless this is your “lounging area”)
- Bathrooms – especially not the bathtub
- Unfinished Basements
- Any rooms that are not often in use
If you do find them in these places, you may have a very advanced infestation on your hands!
Now that you know WHAT and WHERE to look for…it’s time to let you know WHO to call, which is US! The experienced professionals at D.A.L. Pest Control are one message away to rid yourself of these tiny “vampires”.